When life gives you lemons...keep looking up and moooving forward! 🍋
Don't let life's hiccups cause you to stall in your health journey. Acknowledge where you are, then find ways to move forward.
Here are my top 10 tips for taking care of YOU when life challenges you:
1. Stay strong on your anti-inflammatory diet game: take in loads of fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals through fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains. You'll provide extra nourishment the body needs to manage the excess stress it's facing. If you haven't started an anti-inflammatory journey and want help on where to start, DM me and let's talk. Already on an anti-inflammatory journey, stay strong!
2. Look at your lifestyle, where can you make swaps for products with lower toxicity. There is so much in our environment we can't control, but choosing safer household and skin care products is something we can. Feeling like you have some control in your life (especially when in the midst of challenging times) can be so empowering! DM if you'd like help assessing the safety of your products.
3. Meditation & Yoga: whether you take 5 minutes or 30, taking time each day to step away from your chaotic life to clear your mind, stretch and breath can make a huge impact on you and your mindset. This practice also helps you learn to breathe through stressful moments as they happen.
4. Exercise: helps keep your joints fluid and your body strong while also raising your endorphine levels, which triggers a positive feeling in the body.
5. Sleep: With chronic inflammation, your body is already working overtime. Make sleep a priority, 7-8 hours/night
6. Do things that light you up: volunteer, start a new project embracing the things you can do, take up a new hobby.
7. Get outside: Nature is such a powerful resource in boosting your mood. Step out and take a 15 minute walk
8. Find gratitude: count tour blessing blessings, big and little
9. Vitamin D: What are your current levels? This vitamin functions like a hormone and has a powerful effect on several systems in your body. Making sure your levels are where they need to be is crucial to maintaining good health...
⬇️Con’t in comments⬇ ...